homebuilt CO2 40W laser cutter

Come talk £%$ with us.
Edmond
Valve
What model do you have?: 1973 Baja Bug

homebuilt CO2 40W laser cutter

Post by Edmond »

Thinking of selling my homebuilt laser cutter, its based on buildlog version 1 plans, it just needs a new 40W laser tube +-R3000 from China(The old tube broke when I moved house) and a fume extraction system and maybe upgrading the acrylic timing pulleys with aluminium ones(available from Netram in CT for R50 ea with GT2 timing belt at R60/m)
The frame is built with Bosch Rexroth T slot Extrusions with special makerslide extrusions and V wheels as the linear bearings.
Has the required stepper motor driver card, laser tube power supply and the nema 17 stepper motors, machine works except for the lack of laser tube, also has a motorised up down cutting table with a +-600 x 350mm cutting area, nozzle has air assist function which just needs a small fish tank air compressor(I used a small fish tank pump for testing purposes) laser tube power can be adjusted on the fly and has laser tube milliammeter along with emergency stop on front panel, lid has safety interlock which turns laser tube off when opened
Also the water cooling system needs to be finished, I started building a new system with a motorbike radiator and a fish pond pump with a header tank but moved house so had to mothball the machine(its in my moms garage at the moment)
Machine is clad with forex material and Dibond/Alupanel material around the beam strike area.
The machine still needs a few finishing touches like the lenses to be aligned, wiring tidied up, the operator needs some experience in Mach 3 CNC Control Program and Cut2D Cutting Program so if someone buys it they must have a bit of laser knowledge to fine tune and finish the machine and be able to work with the mentioned cnc programs
The machine cannot be disassembled its dimensions are roughly 1200 x 900 x 700mm
Im looking for R7500 which includes a P4 2.4Ghz PC with all the rqd cnc programs, monitor and keyboard and all the drawings and assembly manual
Would prefer to sell it to someone in CT due to shipping reasons
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.