Nissan 1500 champ conversion

Whatever you want to put in the back of your VW...
TonyE
Oil Pump
What model do you have?: 1976

Re: Nissan 1500 champ conversion

Post by TonyE »

Dont worry , i had the same problem when i installed my front discs. To make a long story short , it ended up to be air in the system , i had to take my discs of and put a piece of wood between the discs and turn the calliper all ways around to get all the air out , and i am still using a standerd master cylinder and flexible braided pipes. The back is much easier.

Hexadane
Drip
What model do you have?: 1970

Post by Hexadane »

Ok Uhm any ideas of types of gearboxes that will last and that can handle the preassure of snap changes\ drifting and engine flexing, I think im trying to get to much from my beetle.
Hexadane
Drip

Post by Hexadane »

These images arent dial-up friendly.

http://img237.imageshack.us/i/dsc00244v.jpg/
My car from the rear here you can see my mags

http://img99.imageshack.us/i/dsc00245ts.jpg/
sorry my engine bay doesnt get alot of attention

http://img99.imageshack.us/i/dsc00245ts.jpg/
this is whats holding my rear valance in place both sides

http://img99.imageshack.us/i/dsc00247f.jpg/
the front end of my vw.

http://img43.imageshack.us/i/dsc00248kg.jpg/
the piping from front to rear

http://img97.imageshack.us/i/dsc00249v.jpg/
nice vented disks for stopping and a to small 9mm spacer need a hub-centric 12-15mm spacer.
Hexadane
Drip

Post by Hexadane »

Ill add some new photos when i get time again, cleaned the engine and enginebay up a bit looks much better.
syncromad
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: '68 Fasty,'75 Fleety

Post by syncromad »

hi

We fit the 2.0i Golf motor to a lot of VW syncro's. They are strong, easy to work on and cheap. 85kw and 171Nm give a lot of go and they will rev at 5000 rpm all day.

You will be way happier i promise, 1500 are really Pap compared to the Golf 2.0 even with a carb fitted, and it stays a VW.

Stuart
Hexadane
Drip

Post by Hexadane »

No offense I will never never in my life buy a german car again no matter how strong it is, I recently bought me a new mazda and its jap car from here onwards. Back to my 1500niswagen, i might keep it, but im not sure as of yet what im going to do with it.
viczo
Drip
What model do you have?: 1974

Post by viczo »

Hi guys,
I'm new in forum. my name is Vicky and staying in Nelspruit. i had a beetle 1600 with a 2l golf motor but i smashed it racing with audi A3. brakes failed. But now i'm building another one i want to try nissan 1400 motor. i drove my friend's one she's lovely, quiite and it's like is made for the bug, unlike the high rev's i got on the golf. so please i need an advice on the cooling system as i'm going to use golf radiator. the switch is running to 90 deg and kick the fan so it's too hot for the nissan engine. i already ordered the adapter kit from Clive in jhb. i'll upload the pics for the beetle i had and the new one i'm building when it's finish. Thx.
hitlers revenge
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: buggy
Great Britain

Post by hitlers revenge »

I have exactly what you are building. A Nissan 1400 motor and golf 1600 radiator.

My radiator piping is 32mm stainless.

WHERE IS YOU RADIATOR MOUNTED?>??????
Why do we celebrate the guy that invented the wheel??
Surely we must celebrate the guy tat invented the other three
viczo
Drip

Post by viczo »

It's mounted in front at the spare wheel compartment. what radiator switch did you use and degrees celsius? i send you a pic of an old beetle i use to own.
viczo
Drip

Post by viczo »

I already uploaded the picture of my car it's yellow it got reg no: BDV ...MP. IT TOOK ME LOT OF TIME TO MAKE THAT BUMBER WITH HELP OF A FRIEND WHO HAS ALREADY PASS AWAY.
hitlers revenge
ACVWSA Junkie
Great Britain

standard golf switch which operates at 88 deg. C
Hexadane
Drip

Post by Hexadane »

I run the standard golf fan switch but i have a mean fan installed usually doesnt run for long, radiator is from a golf 1600 and custom fit it, everything that has been converted on the beetle I have done myself. The piping I used is 32mm Aluminium pipe helps to get rid of the heat (runs close to the chassis and is custom fit sothat the water in and water out are in the right place. I have electronic ignition aswell no problems at all. I warn all of you though Do not install a cast bell housing adaptor plate they do not last as long as billet machined adaptors. as for the brakes The disk brake conversion is a must ( if you can afford ss braided lines get them)
viczo
Drip

Post by viczo »

88 degrees! isn't it too hot for the nissan? i had some other guys said,they put a pegeot switch but i don't know if they just screw on the rad or they mod the screw to fit. if any one got an idea plese help!!! anyone who got a nissan 1400/1500 engine pls let me know, i need one and i got adapterplates and flywheel to fit golf engine in a beetle, we can even swap if anyone got a nice nissan engine for me, Thanx,
hitlers revenge
ACVWSA Junkie
Great Britain

I have had no issues in 5 years. My buggy has also been all over the country. From Cape Town to Upington, Springbok, Port Elizabeth and Graaf Reinet, all towing a 6 foot laden trailor.

SO DEF. NO ISSUES.
syncromad
Oil Cooler
What model do you have?: '68 Fasty,'75 Fleety

Post by syncromad »

viczo wrote:Hi guys,
I'm new in forum. my name is Vicky and staying in Nelspruit. i had a beetle 1600 with a 2l golf motor but i smashed it racing with audi A3. brakes failed. But now i'm building another one i want to try nissan 1400 motor. i drove my friend's one she's lovely, quiite and it's like is made for the bug, unlike the high rev's i got on the golf. so please i need an advice on the cooling system as i'm going to use golf radiator. the switch is running to 90 deg and kick the fan so it's too hot for the nissan engine. i already ordered the adapter kit from Clive in jhb. i'll upload the pics for the beetle i had and the new one i'm building when it's finish. Thx.

Hi Vicky, just to clear some thing up, the noise factor is not rev related, revs are gearbox related so any car with the same gearbox and different engines will do the same speed at the same revs, the golf motor is noisy because it revs better than the nissan all you need is the proper exhaust to keep it quiet, and why go down in power, just get it set up right, you have all the stuff,

just my opinion

stuart