Nissan 1500 champ conversion

Whatever you want to put in the back of your VW...
viczo
Drip
What model do you have?: 1974

Re: Nissan 1500 champ conversion

Post by viczo »

Hi Stuart,
I hear you, the only thing i realize now is the body i bought has a 1500 gearbox so i decided to go low on power. Another thing is the gears are hard sometimes than a 1400, So the advice i got was "the 1400 nissan is lighter on weight than the golf motor. but i still got both adapters and flywheels so i don't know. i can't get the cheaper nissan engine yet. i sold the golf engine few months back when i decide to put 1400 motor. i'm confuse and stuck at the moment.

viczo
Drip

Post by viczo »

Hi guys,
Before i finish the conversion what disributor do you use because all nissan 1400 engine got points and i want to put electronic distributor and what module? Please help!!!
Viczo.
Hexadane
Drip
What model do you have?: 1970

Post by Hexadane »

I went to Distributor Recon center and they converted my point system to Electronic ignition, uses a Standard TCI Module 4-pin works like a charm, Ill be honest with you I really enjoy the 1500 motor its got good punch as long as you maintain it itll give you a good reliable service.
viczo
Drip

Post by viczo »

Thank you, i hope everything i needed it's on track. i'll keep in touch.
johanb
Flywheel
What model do you have?: '64 Bus
South Africa

Post by johanb »

When we played with the nissan motors,, Nissan STI electronic distributor fits like a charm,, the electronics is build in the distributor,, no exstra wires and modules

Johan
viczo
Drip

Post by viczo »

Hi guys, tell me which STI? or what the model? 'cause if i go to the any spares shop they will ask for the model of the car as we all know that's the kind of question they usually ask.
viczo
Drip

Post by viczo »

Thank you Johan. I got your e-mail and looking foward to see things happening. Guys like you are very scarce.
BARON
Clutch

Post by BARON »

Johan
I would also like to know the model of the STI distributer .I own a 1400 bakkie and would like to fit it.
Thanks baron
viczo
Drip

Post by viczo »

Hi Baron,
I went to Autozone and ask the gentleman there, he'll order one for me. He said most of the guys who owns a nissan 1400 buys it. I'm sure where you stay they might know. Read the mail Johan send to me maybe it might help as well.

(I think it was the 160STI, you can take your standard distributor to the spare shop and look at the base and drive gear, They should be able to say which is the correct one.
Or tell them it is to for a 14A Nissan motor, the 15A use the same distributor if you have a 1500cc, which distributor will fit,, they will be able to say
The top will look big but remember all the electronics is in there and it will fit. You just need to remove the resistor for the points and put the positive wire directly to the distributor. (by johanb))