VW Dodge - Argentina 1980 - 1983

Post images of your vintage ads here.
Hubcap
Clutch
What model do you have?: 59 KG

VW Dodge - Argentina 1980 - 1983

Post by Hubcap »

Although English production of the Avenger ended in 1981, the car was made in Argentina until 1990/1 by the Volkswagen-Audi Group. In the middle of 1980, Chrysler sold its Argentine subsidiary to the VW. The main changes made at this time to the Dodge 1500 were a restyled grille, front and rear lights, door windows without their quarter lights and a completely new interior with revised dashboard and steering wheel. The car was called ‘Dodge 1500, made by Volkswagen Argentina’. The last four words were shown on a sticker on the back window but later in a metal plate on the front. Mechanically, the car was unchanged.

In 1982, the car received another mild restyling to include new back lights, plastic bumpers and other decorative bits which were aimed at giving the car more of a Volkswagen identity. The name was also changed to Volkswagen 1500. It was the first non-VW design to which the German company gave its name in Argentina.

The new range was made up of the Volkswagen-Dodge 1500, 1500 Full, 1500 1.8, 1500 1.8 Full and 1500 Rural Full. This latter was a Station Wagon equipped with the 1800 engine and air conditioning. During 1987-88 a basic Volkswagen 1500 was announced, being essentially a stripped down economy model. In 1988, a five speed gearbox became available and air conditioning could be ordered on more models in the range.

ZeroAxe
Drive Train
What model do you have?: FUmobile

Post by ZeroAxe »

*cough* Fugly *cough*
VW Enthusiast
ImageImageImageImage
vader
ACVWSA Junkie
What model do you have?: TieFighter
Location: Help!I don't know where I am. Its dark & I can hear voices...

Post by vader »

That blows chunks....
"My other ride is your SeatCover! & She loves it!"
Sometimes you'r the statue, sometimes your the pigeon.
"Only the dead go free..." Roger Waters.
"You do not understand the power of the DarkSide" Darth Vader.